Emergency and Safety Procedures
Produced and written by William A. Kemp
Emergencies, disasters, accidents, injuries, and crimes can occur without warning at any time. Being prepared to handle unexpected emergencies is everyone's responsibility.
This Emergency and Safety Procedures Flipchart has been developed to assist Wayne State University employees in minimizing the negative effects from such events. Please read this guide thoroughly before an emergency occurs, become acquainted with the contents and post this flipchart in your office, or laboratory for immediate reference.
If you have any questions concerning a unique situation not covered in this reference or need additional emergency information, please contact Wayne State University, Enterprise Risk Management & Insurance Programs at 577-3110.
What you can do to prepare
- Keep emergency supplies in your office or lab (flashlight, batteries).
- Post this Flipchart in a visible location in your office or lab.
- Become familiar with the quickest exit routes from your building.
- Locate nearest fire alarm pull station and fire extinguisher to your office or lab.
Emergency phone numbers
- WSU Police: 577-2222
- WSU Office of Environmental Health and Safety: 577-1200
- WSU Radiation/Health Physics: 577-1200
- WSU Facilities Planning and Management: 577-4315
- During Normal Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
4th Revision May 2019.